Cosmetic Brow Tattoo
SPECIALIST COSMETIC TATTOOING
To increase comfort during your cosmetic tattooing experience the use of a topical anaesthetic is recommended. Please bring the product with you to your appointment, this may be applied 30-45 minutes before the cosmetic tattooing procedure.
Pre-purchase your anaesthetic
We recommend the below Pharmacy for the purchase of a topical anaesthetic formulation suitable for numbing your area(s) of treatment. The Pharmacist will assess your suitability for the use of anaesthetic and assist with your purchase.
Instructions will be included in your order. Please follow instruction as per pharmacy label and read the Consumer Medicine Information (CMI).
Keperra Coumpounding Pharmacy:
Password is kcp2018
Flourish Skin & Beauty;
Salty's Arcade, 7/47 Bourbong St, BUNDABERG CENTRAL , 4670, Queensland.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours prior to treatment. • Some medications may cause adverse effects, please call for further advice if you are currently taking any medication. A Doctor approval may be required before proceeding
- Cease intake of fish oil supplements 1 week before treatment. • Consider any upcoming social events or work-out commitments for the week following your treatment.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to conceive please call for further advice.
- If the area you would like treated has an existing cosmetic tattoo please call for further advice.
- Protect the area from sun exposure 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Have your brows waxed/tidied a week before treatment.
- Do not wax or tint the brows within 3 days of treatment. No tinting until 4 weeks after.
- Gently exfoliate the area for up to 3 days prior, ensure the skin is well nourished.
- Do not use any brow-enhancing serums for at least 30 days before treatment
- Do come in with an open mind about the different techniques: after a thorough consultation your artist will advise the most suitable option.
- You will be advised not to wet your brows for 5 days following treatment, I recommend washing your hair the night before.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER TREATMENT
- Do not touch the tattooed area with your fingers.
- Gym/Exercise: The following activities should be avoided for 48 hours after treatment: cardio workout, excessive sweating, sauna, hot spa, spray tanning.
- For 2 weeks following treatment: avoid, chlorinated and salt water pools, high UV exposure, sun beds, and infra-red light exposure.
- Colour will appear darker than desired for 5-7 days.
- No water, soap, or cleansers on the treated area for 5 days.
- Avoid makeup on the treated area until healed.
- Do not pick the flaking skin or formed scabs.
- It is recommended that you return for a perfection visit 4-8 weeks after your treatment, for any necessary adjustments.
- Excessive exposure to sun over time will cause fading, wear SPF where possible.
- Certain chemicals in cleansers and moisturisers will accelerate fading and may discolour the tattoo: AHAs, BHAs, benzoyl peroxide, bleaching agents, and chemical peels must be kept away from the area.
- Expected healing time: 5-8 days.
- Each morning clean the brow area with a damp cotton tip.
- Dab the area dry with a clean tissue.
- Using a cotton tip, apply a very thin layer of aftercare product to the area and allow the gel to dry.
- Once dry, the product may be covered by sunscreen or cosmetics if you wish.
- Repeat this procedure morning and night for 7 days.
- Avoid saturating the area with water until the final scabs naturally fall off.
- Once healed, minor patchiness in colour may be present in some areas. This is normal and will be adjusted accordingly at the touch-up in 4-8 weeks. I recommend wearing brow powder or pencil to cover these areas until then.
1 WEEK AFTER TREATMENT
Where did the colour go?
During the healing process the tattooed area will become darker and minor scabbing will develop as a new collagen rich skin forms underneath. This new skin temporarily makes the pigment appear faded and dull. Within a week or two the new skin will settle and the colour will return. Protect and nourish this new skin as directed.